Latest
A final update from Moab ❤️
This morning, we took Eric to urgent care to have his blood and urine checked for rhabdo (rhabdomyolysis). Rhabdo is a condition where damaged muscle tissue releases proteins into the bloodstream; those proteins can put a lot of strain on the kidneys and could cause lifelong kidney issues if gone untreated.
His tests showed elevated kidney and liver levels, indicating that both had been under stress and had some damage. The good news is that he made the right decision to stop racing as this condition would have gotten much worse. With rest and hydration, the expectation is a full recovery. We are incredibly grateful we got him checked.
The search-and-rescue team was able to get the remaining runners out from the aid station. We were the last vehicle to make it out before conditions worsened—no other vehicles have made it through since. They had to coordinate a hike down the mountain, where school buses were waiting to bring everyone back to headquarters.
The one problem still waiting to be solved: the stuck minivan. It is still raining, and we need everything to dry out before we can safely attempt to get it down the mountain. Eric and Anthony will be staying in Moab for a little while, recovering and waiting for the chance to retrieve it before heading home.
Thank you all so much for following this journey with us—for the encouragement, prayers, donations, messages, and love. Eric learned so much from this adventure. And honestly, I knew deep down he would want to try again next year… so before he could even ask, I told him: “Yes, honey, we can come back next year.” ❤️










